News about WOX
Work is being carried out to implement the WOX Serializer in C++.
Release - January 2009
This WOX serializer version has the following additional features:
- A WOX data type List. The data type List corresponds to ArrayList in Java and ArrayList in C#.
- A WOX data type Map. The data type Map corresponds to HashMap in Java and Hashtable in C#.
- Serialization and de-serialization of WOX Lists and Maps. This is supported.
- Standard format for arrays. Arrays are now treated just like any other object.
Release - April 2008
This version marks the release of our two interoperable XML serializers: WOX in Java and WOX in C#. There were several of changes made in this version to accomplish our aim to be interoperable between the two serializers. The XML object representation is standard and can potentially be used to create other serializers in different object-oriented programming languages. Some of the changes are listed below.
- WOX mapping table. This allows to map WOX data types to Java and C# data types.
- Object representation. A standard XML representation was defined for objects and their attributes.
- Field representation. A standard XML representation was defined for fields and their attributes.
- C# serializer. The C# serializer and de-serailizer were created following the standards previously discussed.
Initial version - August 2005
The intial version of the Java WOX serializer was written by Simon Lucas.